Inner Banner
  • OWCP Lawyers in Los Angeles – Get Legal Help Now!
    Posted on October 8, 2018by Michael McCready

    Federal workers in California, should they get injured, are covered by a government compensation system thanks to legislation found in the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act. This piece of legislation is acted out, so to speak, by the Office of the Workers’ Compensation Program. Federal workers in California such as those who work for the USPS usually encounter high risk situations a few times a month due to them being out in the field where anything can happen, and therefore may be at the receiving end of unfortunate events such as dog bites, slip and falls, broken legs, car accidents as well as occupational injuries such as back and shoulder pain.

    Are you looking for an OWCP lawyer in Los Angeles? Due to the uniform nature of FECA legislation across all states, you can choose any competent and experienced federal workers’ compensation law firm out of state. We’re one of the country’s best federal workers’ compensation attorneys, and we serve federal workers all over the country. These cases do not require extensive traveling to meet with your attorneys unless there’s a special need for this, so they can be adjudicated and resolved remotely. Let us do all the heavy lifting for you: please call us NOW at 1-855-233-3002 and benefit from our more than 20 years of experience handling these types of cases. The call is free, and there’s absolutely no legal obligation to have us take on your case.

    Injured Federal Worker Benefits – The Statistics

    It’s estimated that the federal government pays out over $3 billion in compensation to injured federal workers all over the country. At the same time, over a half of these benefits are disability benefits, and the race to have them dispensed begins during every federal calendar year for those approved.

    Injured federal workers in Los Angeles who qualify for FECA benefits include:

    • Postal workers
    • Federal justice system employees
    • Executive branch workers
    • Those working in Civil Air Patrol
    • Postal assistants

    How To Qualify for Injured Federal Worker Compensation         

    In order to qualify for compensation, you must have suffered an injury in the line of duty, and you must show a causal relationship between your injury and the performance of said work duty. In addition, the body part that sustained the injury must be covered by FECA. When it comes to how long you should wait to make a claim, we recommend as soon as is possible with the advisement of your California federal workers’ compensation attorney, but you have a grace period of up to 3 years from when you discovered or became aware of your injuries to file a claim.

    Los Angeles OWCP Lawyer – Call Now!

    Are you looking for lawyers for federal employees in Los Angeles? Please give us a call NOW at 1-855-233-3002 for more information on how we can help you with your claim. We look forward to hearing from you.

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *